[arch-general] Why there is no NetworkManager in ArchISO

bradklee at gmail.com bradklee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 08:27:54 UTC 2017

It could also be useful to compare with:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dhcpcd

Considering minimalist focus of arch and use of systemd, maybe a more apt question would be: why does the installation collection include "dhcpcd"?

Do not confuse me for an expert, but I think the main answer is simply a practical one. The command is easy to type and the daemon does what it needs to with reliability.

Also, when defending, you should not introduce logical fallacies. Completing an installation is no proof that you've read the manual.

The Arch wiki is an incredibly thorough work with many, many pages. There's always more to learn. For example, have you got a dual boot working yet?

In my latest computer experiment, I instantiated Debian + Arch. This was no easy task because suggested loopback did not work with the Debian installation ISO. Even in this case, the wiki was good enough to get me most of the way to an independent solution. Thanks again wiki writers!

Cheers,

Brad