[arch-general] Why there is no NetworkManager in ArchISO

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 09:01:21 UTC 2017

On 24 July 2017 at 07:30, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why is there no NetworkManager in ArchISO? Isn't it widely accepted as
> the go to method of connecting to internet in Linux? Is there any reason
> for it not to be default?

I would say that the reason NM is not on ArchISO is becaues in the
past it didn't have a simple enough support for a console UI,
which made it very useless in the ArchISO text-only envrionement.

Nowdays, with `nmtui` I'd say it would be ok to have it. NM has been
buggy in the past, but these days, it's a great tool.

--
damjan