[arch-general] Why there is no NetworkManager in ArchISO

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Mon Jul 24 23:11:31 UTC 2017

A 2017-07-24T07:54:02 +0000, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general escreveu:
> I've installed ArchLinux on 3 desktops so far, and I've done them
> successfully, so I must have *RTFM* , I was just wondering why is it
> hard to configure wifi. Since I failed to configure wifi with
> wpa_supplicant. I'll try with wifi-menu today, and report progress.

That's odd, I never had any trouble with it (and damn me, I installed it
3 times in a row when I started) and with different configurations "man
wpa_supplicant.conf" always helped me when I needed it (I don't use the
CLI).

The upside is that one only needs to configure any network once, then I
can copy the details to all systems as needed. Works across various
distros. Also, when people ask you the passphrase just do "grep -A2
network_name wpa_supplicant.conf".

And now dhcpcd even starts wpa_supplicant on its own! It's amazing!

Just my 2 cents worth of experience,
João Miguel