[arch-general] gnupg: systemd enable in post_install

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:13:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 12:13 PM Damjan Georgievski via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> what's the rationale to enable the gnupg sockets in post_install of the
> package?
>
> https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/install?h=packages/gnupg#n21
>
> I don't disagree that the sockets maybe should be enabled (I have them
> enabled for me), it's just a strange way to enable them in
> post_install, and linking them in /etc/
>
> Why doesn't the PKGBUILD make the symlinks in
> /usr/lib/systemd/user/sockets.target.wants/ ?

I did that in the pulseaudio package at first and people complained that
they couldn't "disable" the pulseaudio socket and "mask" also prevented a
manual start.

Hence I moved pulseaudio from static symlinks to enable/disable
post_install.

GnuPG follows this.

> dbus does that for ex.

The DBus `make install` sets it up that way; it wasn't a downstream
decision.