[arch-general] Problem install slack-desktop deb

ITwrx.org info at itwrx.org
Tue Jun 13 14:44:02 UTC 2017

On 06/13/2017 09:21 AM, Maykel Franco via arch-general wrote:
> Hi, recently I like install slack-desktop 2.3.4 because with the
> latest version 2.6.x I have a problem with unmark read messages bug...
>
> I have install debtap from github, the binary because the debtap
> archlinux repository not works well.
>
> When install the slack-desktop 2.3.4 deb I get this error...
>
> user ~/ $ LANG=C sudo pacman -U
> slack-desktop-2.3.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
> resolving dependencies...
> warning: cannot resolve "apt", a dependency of "slack-desktop"
> warning: cannot resolve "gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0", a dependency of
> "slack-desktop"
> :: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
> dependencies:
>      slack-desktop
>
> :: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N]
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: slack-desktop: requires apt
> :: slack-desktop: requires gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0
>

> How resolved it?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

pacman is telling you that slack-desktop cannot be upgraded because it
needs those other 2 packages(apt and gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0) the second
evidently being an ubuntu specific package name. you could try and get
those dependencies installed then try to upgrade slack-desktop. It may
be more trouble than it's worth.