[arch-general] Problem install slack-desktop deb

Óscar García Amor ogarcia at moire.org
Wed Jun 14 09:29:37 UTC 2017

> The package is not even in our repos, but in the AUR and since the AUR
> is unsupported ask the maintainer of even better ask upstream.

Hi!

You can use this PKGBUILD [1] (this commit [2]) to make 2.3.4 version.

Anyway I don't recommend use old versions of packages because it may
have bugs or security issues.

In the other hand, if you read the comments on AUR package you can see
one by IlyaGulya that says:

If anyone experiences the problem with marking messages as read, you
should clear Slack cache simply removing the ~/.config/Slack/Cache
directory

I recommend the "clear cache procedure" as first step to fix slack problems.

Greetings

[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=slack-desktop&id=e37430fb37416b9ef47f480ad108891db96be413
[2]: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=slack-desktop&id=e37430fb37416b9ef47f480ad108891db96be413

--