[arch-general] problems accessing samba share through Xfce gui

Paul Marwick paul.marwick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:18:05 UTC 2017

ITwrx.org wrote:
> On 06/14/2017 08:28 AM, Paul Marwick via arch-general wrote:
>> ... Any help would be very gratefully received.
>>
> have you tried reinstalling gvfs-smb?
Yes, one of the first things I tried. Makes no difference. It almost
looks like some sort of timing issue, but I've so far not managed to
find anything that looks like the culprit.

I've seen some of this problem before - I had Sparky Linux installed on
my last laptop (mainly to support someone else). Its based on Debian
testing and there was a period of some weeks when it came up with the
first error - 'Unable to open "/" on . Timeout was reached'. Whatever
was causing that was fixed in Debian testing and hasn't come back.
Though that one never showed the variability of the problem I'm seeing.

Paul