[arch-general] freshclam eating 100% CPU continually during nonblock_recv

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jun 17 09:12:28 UTC 2017

All,

  I'm not sure if this is a package bug or an upstream bug. I have used
clamav for years. The rotation of servers always causes a timeout on one
or two servers, never been a problem.

  Updating tonight, freshclam hung for 13 minutes with the assigned CPU
core pegged at 100%. At the 13 minutes mark, I did receive an error I'm
not accustomed to seeing:

Downloading daily-23454.cdiff [100%]

nonblock_recv: recv timing out (30 secs)
WARNING: getfile: Error while reading database from database.clamav.net
(IP: 104.131.196.175): Operation now in progress
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-23455.cdiff from database.clamav.net
Trying host database.clamav.net (194.8.197.22)...

  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.