[arch-general] Samsung NVMe set up

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:45:39 UTC 2017

On 21-06-2017 19:51, Alan E. Davis via arch-general wrote:
> For the NVMe drive, I see that it is *up to* 3.2 GB/s, or 3200MB/s, and
> this may be "up-to" that speed..

You should always be aware of the up to claims but it should be
achievable, even if it is only for large sequential reads.

Another thing you should check is how many lanes are actually connected
or being used to communicate with the nvme ssd. I remember seeing (I
think it was on anandtech but can't find the article) that for some nucs
intel's firmware was not activating all lanes or was operating the lanes
at reduced speed (can't recall exactly), so you might be hitting
something similar.

--
Mauro Santos