[arch-general] Samsung NVMe set up

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 19:31:54 UTC 2017

Den 21-06-2017 kl. 20:51 skrev Alan E. Davis via arch-general:
> I apologize for linking to ads.

Top post.
Another thing you shouldn't do:

> I still don't understand what options would be best in /etc/fstab for the
> NVMe M.2 drive.  I have noticed various conjectures and ideas about
> discards or trim.  I don't want to damage the new unit through ignorance.

Did you have a look at this wiki page:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives

If you read that (as well as things it links to), you should be pretty
well informed. If you still have more specific questions, ask those. As
has already been said, the "best" /etc/fstab options depend entirely
upon what filesystem you're using and what you're using it for. There's
not a magic set of settings that work the best for everyone (if there
was, it would have been set as the default settings already ;)).

--
Namasté,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen <https://freso.dk/>