[arch-general] kernel-install in archlinux

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:10:42 UTC 2017

On 22-06-2017 15:20, Damjan Georgievski wrote:
> Unfortunately that's not enough, other hooks (which are unknown) can
> update the initramfs, and I can't hook on /boot/initramfs-* since it's
> not part of any package.

I suppose the question is if any of the official packages provide a hook
that does changes the initramfs.

You can probably trigger your hook on a kernel update and give it a name
that will make it run _after_ the stock initramfs update hook and any
other hooks that change the initramfs. That said I have never played
with custom hooks so I'm going by what the man page says.

If there are some hooks which do not play well with what you want to do
then maybe you can ask the maintainer/dev to make it run in a
predictable way. I guess no one has looked into automating/integrating
secure boot into arch but it would be a cool thing to have, even if not
in the official repos (read: even if it is provided by a package on the
AUR and there are some instruction/general guidelines on how to make it
work).

--
Mauro Santos