[arch-general] kernel-install in archlinux

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:20:19 UTC 2017

On 22 June 2017 at 14:42, Mauro Santos via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 22-06-2017 12:58, Damjan Georgievski via arch-general wrote:
>> Is there any plan for moving ArchLinux to the kernel-install infrastructure[1]
>>
>> I've seen some talk about it from a year ago, but the discussion seems
>> to have died off.
>>
>> My personal use case is to have a hook that self-signs
>> kernel+initramfs+cmdline images for secure boot (using my own keys),
>> and currently I have to do that manually whenever the initramfs is
>> updated.
>>

>> [1]
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/kernel-install.html
>> [2]
>> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2016-May/028014.html
>>

> You may want to check 'man alpm-hooks'. You should be able to automate
> what you want to do.

Unfortunately that's not enough, other hooks (which are unknown) can
update the initramfs, and I can't hook on /boot/initramfs-* since it's
not part of any package.

ps. and yes, I already do have a hook that triggers on the linux package

--
damjan