[arch-general] About rebuild of pandoc

Felix Yan felixonmars at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 26 17:57:17 UTC 2017

On 06/26/2017 09:42 PM, Sebastian Reuße via arch-general wrote:
> Can you advise whether it’s currently possible to do sandboxed static
> builds at all? The issue I’m running into is that Cabal won’t install
> sandboxed dependencies if it sees that the corresponding packages are
> already registered within the global package DB; the build will proceed
> but will then error out during static linking.
>
> It’s possible to force Cabal/GHC to ignore the global package database
> altogether, but this won’t help much since it will cause the boot
> libraries to be ignored as well.

With the current package set the only way I have in mind is to install
stack and start from there. This is unfortunately the same for C
libraries since our removal of their static libs.

An idea is to provide an alternative package database in the ghc-static
package that only contains the boot libraries. You will need to ignore
global package database and specify that alternative path to use it.
Does this sound like useful?

--
Regards,
Felix Yan