[arch-general] About rebuild of pandoc

Sebastian Reuße seb at wirrsal.net
Mon Jun 26 13:42:27 UTC 2017

Hello Felix,

Felix Yan <felixonmars at archlinux.org> writes:

> The basic idea is to make the haskell libraries in our official repos
> less bloated and more friendly to end users, instead of providing all
> development oriented features. Unfortunately I didn't get enough
> feedback on that topic. As the ghc package costs more than 1 GiB at
> that time, I planned to do the switch at 8.0.2 (with also the help of
> newly added dynlibdir).

Can you advise whether it’s currently possible to do sandboxed static
builds at all? The issue I’m running into is that Cabal won’t install
sandboxed dependencies if it sees that the corresponding packages are
already registered within the global package DB; the build will proceed
but will then error out during static linking.

It’s possible to force Cabal/GHC to ignore the global package database
altogether, but this won’t help much since it will cause the boot
libraries to be ignored as well.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

--