[arch-general] xfce4-notifyd issues

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:56:05 UTC 2017

Op 26 jun. 2017 20:19 schreef "David Rosenstrauch" <darose at darose.net>:

On 06/26/2017 01:32 PM, Jérôme M. Berger wrote:

> On 06/26/2017 06:30 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
>
>> Any idea how to resolve the conflict between these 2 notification
>> services?  (Without being forced to remove half of KDE?)

A fair bit of searching gave this result;
https://askubuntu.com/questions/843076/how-to-blacklist-a-d-bus-service

In short: they use dbus permissions for blacklisting.

Although I really dislike editing in /usr, perhaps the same thing can be
realised in /etc/somewhere  (don't have an Arch Linux install handy ATM).

A deny policy (on the KDE notification) for your user should solve the
problem without hacking through dependencies.

Mvg, Guus Snijders