[arch-general] Creating a Radius Ethernet Profile with netctl

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 19:05:04 UTC 2017

Op 2 mrt. 2017 11:20 schreef "Hunter Jozwiak via arch-general" <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

Hi,

I have a 802.11X connection here at my campus, and I don't know how to
set this up with the netctl utility on the Arch Linux ISO. Are there
guides on accomplishing this?

A quick search shows that wpasupplicant can be used for wired also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Network802.1xAuthentication

Not a direct guide to netctl, but perhaps you can make it work.

Also, when I connect normally, there is
a web site that comes up asking for my log on reedentials. How do I
bypass this with netctl if possible, and if not, how do I
authenticate?

I think that once you've authenticated, you won't get the webpage. Or
actually; you shouldn't. Once authenticated, you should be fine (afaik).

Mvg, Guus Snijders