[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] AUR ToS (aka making AUR user names public)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Mar 6 12:13:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:53:34 +0000, Mauro Santos via arch-general wrote:
>I think the point here is not so much privacy, as I believe everyone
>recognizes that the information that was asked for (the full list of
>usernames) is public

It's not per se forbidden to take a photo of a public location, it's
even allowed to take the photo and to publish the photo, if a girl
randomly is on that photo, too. It is forbidden to provide a collection
of such photos to somebody else, who needs such photos for a porn
website. Now "research" isn't "porn", but subtleties could make it hard
to decide how to handle something like this. That something is public,
doesn't mean that privacy could be ignored.