[arch-general] Which browser to use? [was: Firefox user data autofill doesn't work as before]

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:41:24 UTC 2017

[...]

> So, I wonder why Firefox is in a "preferred" registry (extra), while Opera
> is in "community" and Vivaldi is in "aur".

That is how ArchLinux works:
The developers are volunteers who choose for themselves which packages
they maintain. Community is run by Trusted Users (also volunteers), Extra
is for "official" developers.
AUR is a sort-of public playground; anyone can publish PKGBUILDS there.

If $dev decides to adopt Vivaldi for example, it might show up in Extra.
If no dev decides to do this, then it won't show up in Extra either.

mvg,
    Guus Snijders