[arch-general] [RFC] Make Archlinux websites mobile friendly

Alif M. A. alive4ever at live.com
Sat Mar 18 06:02:36 UTC 2017

On March 17, 2017 11:54:11 PM GMT+07:00, Abdelhakim Qbaich <abdelhakim at qbaich.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> On android there is an app called "ArchWiki Viewer" [0] that is nice
>> to use. For all uses of packages and aur I'm completly fine with the
>> scrollable view, but if "somebody" does the css, I won't complain ;)
Who need a separate app when browsers
are available.

I'll experiment with archlinuxjp stylesheet locally, since their web is already optimized. Let's see if their styles can br applied to archlinux main site.

Is there git repository related to Arch wiki base index.html and core stylesheets?

>A solution would be to use MediaWiki's MobileFronted [0] extension,
>possibly until someone tackles the issue and writes the CSS.
>
>[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MobileFrontend
>
>Abdelhakim

Mobile frontend seems to be a good thing to be enabled, which is easier and faster  than designing mobile stylesheet from scratch.