[arch-general] [RFC] Make Archlinux websites mobile friendly

Alif M. A. alive4ever at live.com
Sat Mar 18 07:27:20 UTC 2017

On March 18, 2017 12:09:17 AM GMT+07:00, Eli Schwartz via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>On 03/17/2017 11:57 AM, Alif M. A. wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to have Arch websites mobile friendly, so
>that
>> it can be viewed comfortably on any devices with different screen
>size.
>>
>> For starting point, let's make the wiki, which is the main source of
>> information, mobile friendly.
>>
>> It's just a matter of adding meta viewport tag and another CSS
>file(s)
>> for smaller screen sizes.
>
>Can I assume since you tagged this as an RFC, you have something more
>substantial you haven't yet mentioned, rather than merely an idle
>suggestion that "it would be nice if we were more mobile-friendly"?

Ok. Got what I need.

I can use mobile.css from https://github.com/ArchLinuxJP/archwiki-jp/blob/master/skins/ArchLinux/ to be applied and modify https://git.archlinux.org/vhosts/wiki.archlinux.org.git/tree/skins/ArchLinux/SkinArchLinux.php to apply mobile.css for screen smaller than 790px.

This need to be tested first on my local Archwiki. If it works, I'll submit a pull request so that my changes can be included.

>Or should I just ignore this thread right from the start, since it
>won't
>go anywhere anyway?

Feel free to ignore this thread if it's not within your interest.