[arch-general] URXVT background color

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 10:51:16 UTC 2017

I run many urxvt windows on my screen. Some are for the host system and
some are for my container (managed by systemd-nspawn).
I am looking for a way to change color background according to hostname in
order to quickly see which terminal I am on.
 My idea was to test $HOST variable in my ~/.xinitrc and give a specific
.Xressource accordingly, but it doesn't work as .xinitrc is obviously not
invoked when I fire a new terminal window.

How can I manage what I am looking for (if I can)?
Thank you for hints.