[arch-general] RFC: Cross compilers using newlib

Christer Solskogen christer.solskogen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 07:07:57 UTC 2017

On 20.03.2017 20.48, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> You seem to be taking it for granted, that people will somehow magically
> agree with you that a unified multi-package is an optimal state of
> affairs, and are looking to find out if there is any valid defense of
> the status quo.

Ah, I wasn't clear about that and thanks for pointing it out.

My main reason is that you can build the combo in one swoop, without the
need of staging packages like mips64-elf-gcc-stage1 in AUR. And the
packages really belong together. I don't quite see the reason for having
them in seperate packages as long as they all depend on each other.

--
chs