[arch-general] [mpd+ncmpcpp] mpd hangs when manually moving forward on track, or to nex track

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 02:22:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

If someone is familiar with mpd (user, non root) + ncmpcpp on Arch,
perhaps can help me out...

Whenever I move forward/backward on the same playing track (f/b), mpd
just hangs, usually so hard, that mpd needs to be restarted to do
anything.  A workaround is to pause the track, and then move
forward/backward, and then play again, most of the time that works...

When playing a track, and then moving to next/prior track (>/<), then
mpd hangs.  To get it back alive, it's enough to stop mpd (s), and
start any track (enter).  The pause work around for moving
forward/backward on the same track doesn't work, mpd keeps hanging,
but stopping mpd (s), and starting any track (enter) works.  Stopping
mpd (s), to move to the next track as a work around doesn't work,
given there's no current track playing, therefore mpd can find the
next...

So it's sort of weird that moving around where to play mpd, kinds of
makes it hang...

BTW, I have 2 mpd outputs, the pulse output but also a visual fifo,
however by keeping only the pulse audio doesn't help, so It's not
related to the visual fifo...

Any hint would be appreciated...

Thanks a lot,

--