[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [RFC] Deprecate ABS?

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 27 08:07:43 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-27 02:50, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
> If we are deprecating ABS (which is yay!) then can we get a stable
> release of asp in [extra] to replace it?

That's what we (as in: falconindy) are going to do if ABS gets deprecated.

> Also would be nice to have an official stance on whether full svn
> checkouts are okay, since https://www.archlinux.org/svn/ strongly warns
> people against doing so... and comparing all PKGBUILDs at once is
> somewhat awkward when using separate branches in git (though git-grep
> does take multiple trees at least).

Yeah, full checkout takes a while, although there is no reason to think
that we can't handle it with current infra. I don't understand what do
you mean about branches – our svn2git setup simply mirrors svn structure.

Bartłomiej