[arch-general] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Mar 30 06:09:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

the Wiki [ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Professional_audio ]
opens with...

"This article or section needs expansion." and a link to the
discussion, but I still don't understand what actually is missing.

...followed by an unrealistic claim about grotesque low latency.

The article included wrong information, I already removed

"If you want to use any MIDI hardware you need to ensure the ALSA MIDI
driver is loaded. You can set the MIDI driver to load at boot by
creating the file /etc/modules-load.d/alsamidi.conf containing:"

IIRC apart from a bug that caused that the driver wasn't loaded, the
driver always gets loaded automatically.

There are claims about rtc, 1000Hz. This was valid, but IMO should be
obsolete now.

Etc., pp. ...

I don't want to rewrite the Wiki, especially because I won't and/or
can't test every hint. Please contribute to the Wiki and/or to the
"This and that" discussion
[ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Professional_audio ].

Regards,
Ralf