[arch-general] libx264 changes

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 21:15:48 UTC 2017

On 05/08/2017 01:45 PM, Carsten Mattner wrote:
> Is the idea that I create a machine local repo that has highest prio
> and overrides arch extra/testing? Otherwise, I don't know how to unbreak
> the cycle while only building a custom ffmpeg.

Granted that it is a moot point anyway since your initial request was
answered and the package is now rebuilt with the headers in the lib
package...

But no, why does a local repo have anything to do with anything? Do you
feel you need a local repo in order to install a pacman package, or have
you discovered the magical -U switch yet?

Just makepkg your custom PKGBUILD, and then install your custom ffmpeg
in place of the repo version. Seriously, did you even try it at all?
Because if you had tried it, it would have worked and you wouldn't be
having all these strange questions.

In the absolute worst-case scenario imaginable, you would have to
temporarily have a few wasteful packages installed, including the repo
ffmpeg, WHICH YOU WOULD THEN UNINSTALL AFTER YOU BUILT YOUR OWN FFMPEG!

Why are you making such a circus out of this???

--
Eli Schwartz