[arch-general] GDM/Lightdm and/or Gnome will not start

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 09:51:48 UTC 2017

To clarify, I have been running the same Arch Linux installation for many
months, without a hitch.  Until this event.  The exact message since that
time has been (on a gray screen) "Oh no!  Something has gone wrong.  A
problem has occurred and the system can't recover.  Please log out and try
again."  I have seen other reports online of this message, but for various
purported root causes.

I will reinstall Arch Linux, no doubt, unless I can fix this.

Thank you,

Alan

--
[Fill in the blanks]

The use of corrupt manipulations and blatant rhetorical ploys ...---
outright lying, flagwaving, personal attacks, setting up phony
alternatives, misdirection, jargon-mongering, evading key issues, feigning
disinterested objectivity, willful misunderstanding of other points of
view---suggests that ... lacks both credibility and evidence.

             ---- Edward Tufte (in context of making presentations)