[arch-general] Can I attach Windows partition space with home without reinstalling?

ITwrx.org info at itwrx.org
Thu Sep 28 16:53:21 UTC 2017

On 09/28/2017 11:21 AM, Junayeed Ahnaf via arch-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I have arch installed on a 50GB space, I also have 400 GB  as a
> windows partition, I want to know is there a way for me to delete that
> windows drives and attach them with either / or /home so that I can use
> them from Linux without reinstalling?
>
> Thanks

off the top of my head...

if you just want free space that is usable to arch and it being a
separate partition is fine with you, then you can:

format the 400GB (i usually use ext4):
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/file_systems

rerun grub-mkconfig:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB#Generate_the_main_configuration_file

create fstab entry for the 400GB partition:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fstab

if you require the free space to be re-merged with the existing arch
filesystem, then you would need to delete the 400GB partition and leave
it as free space: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/partitioning

then grow the arch partition:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNU_Parted#Growing_partitions