[arch-general] How can I post on bbs.archlinux.org?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Sep 30 15:31:53 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:07:53 -0400, Pierre Thibault wrote:
>So the solution would be for people to note the command on paper then
>to boot live (if their live version is working), run the command, note
>the result, boot back and go back to the registration page to put the
>result?

Assuming you read my PS, I need to ask:
Are you serious ;)?

Much likely you even could run FreeBSD or Cygwin on a Windows install,
if you should have the abilities required to use Arch Linux, IOW if you
should be able to correct the pipe chain.

Why noting anything on a paper, if you e.g. would run an Ubuntu live
media? Simply register while running the Ubuntu live media, by a simple
copy and paste, without the need to correct the pipe chain.

Most people nowadays are using a router, DHCP doesn't require anything
and it's expected that somebody who wants to use Arch Linux could
handel a situation without DHCP, such like PPPoE (,if needed).