[arch-general] Interesting Dual Boot Problems

Hunter Jozwiak hunter.t.joz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 09:45:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 recently, and now I am having wifi issues. On
the Windows side, the campus wifi will connect, but it will show that
there is no internet connection. Booting in to Linux causes pings to
fail with temporary failure in host resolution, and ip link shows that
the wifi device is down. Doing sudo ip link set dev wlp3s0 up has no
effect; from what I can tell, it is stuck in a permenant down state.
dmesg reports that the "link is not ready". I've tried restarting the
netctl profile for the campus network, restarting dhcp, resetting the
pci device, but alas, things seem to be very broken. I am using a
Killer n1525 network card. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and if
so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Hunter