[arch-general] Interesting Dual Boot Problems

morganamilo morganamilo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:10:41 UTC 2018

On 10/04/18 10:45, Hunter Jozwiak via arch-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Windows 10 recently, and now I am having wifi issues. On
> the Windows side, the campus wifi will connect, but it will show that
> there is no internet connection. Booting in to Linux causes pings to
> fail with temporary failure in host resolution, and ip link shows that
> the wifi device is down. Doing sudo ip link set dev wlp3s0 up has no
> effect; from what I can tell, it is stuck in a permenant down state.
> dmesg reports that the "link is not ready". I've tried restarting the
> netctl profile for the campus network, restarting dhcp, resetting the
> pci device, but alas, things seem to be very broken. I am using a
> Killer n1525 network card. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and if
> so, how did you resolve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hunter
Campus wifi is usually wpa enterprise which I've always had trouble
with. I don't know how installing windows could cause this or how to fix
this but I would recommend trying to connect to a normal wpa2 network
and see if that is broken too.

A mobile hotspot should suffice if you're living on campus with no
access to a home network.