[arch-general] Keyboard unresponsive after wakeup from suspend

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Tue Dec 11 08:30:49 UTC 2018

Hi people

So as I said in the subject, after resuming from suspend for about 30
times or so since my last reboot, my keyboard did not seem to work.

It is a USB keyboard and I tried unplugging it and reconnecting it. I
have a second keyboard permanently connected which is a PS/2. That one
also didn't seem to work even after unplugging and reconnecting.

All the rest of the system seemed to work fine. My USB mouse works, my
WIFI USB dongle works. I can browse the internet etc, just not type.

Pressing CTRL+ALT+F2 didn't seem to register either.

So I clicked through the GUI and rebooted and lo everything is working again.

I found several instances of Arch Linux people having non-responsive
keyboards after resuming but none seem to apply here as their threads
are several years old and their solution was to install a newer
kernel.

I'm running 4.19.4, last updated 4 December.

Any hints on how to debug this?