[arch-general] Tips for a stable GNOME Shell?

Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi marc.2377 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 02:47:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

Replacing GDM for LightDM was a smart move.
(You can make it look like GDM; here's a hand: https://goo.gl/WpMrYg)

If you like GNOME and would still like to use it, I recommend changing
vm.swappiness to a higher value (default is 60). In my case I found
that changing it to 80 solved most of my unresponsive DE issues -
although I use Cinnamon, and I have 8GB of RAM. YMMV.

Regards
Marc