[arch-general] Why does Arch still use the GTK2 version of xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin?

DEVIN GRANT dgra9817 at bearmail.bscc.edu
Thu Feb 15 05:45:09 UTC 2018

Hello, I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for starting such a
discussion, but I felt I needed to voice my opinion. I think the GTK3 build
of the Whisker Menu plugin is very stable and find it very odd that Arch
still uses the antiquated GTK2 build of the plugin.

The GTK3 build will add many noticeable improvements for end users,
including better support for desktop themes. Replacing the old version will
also make it easier to ditch an old toolkit like GTK2 from our systems.