[arch-general] archlinux install bottleneck

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Feb 19 15:31:24 UTC 2018

Because I want the sound card operational on first boot.  I have two
sets of speakers connected to the computer when I failed on that first
install.  So I disconnected the usb set and the install failed again
with the same error.  Finally after each install, I boot into arch and
don't hear grub beep or any sound after that.  It could be the torrent I
used was hacked since grub at least should have beeped even if the sound
card didn't work.  Now it's possible I may need to use the be my eyes
app on my iPhone to examine the screen for me to see if archlinux can't
for some reason find the sound card and was maybe asking for some
assistive input from me to get it going.