[arch-general] godep has been deprecated in favor of dep

Adam Levy theadamlevy+archlinux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 02:18:02 UTC 2018

Hello

Today I noticed that as of about 30ish days ago godep (
github.com/tools/godep) has been archived and is no longer supported. The
go dev team recommends using dep (github.com/golang/dep) instead.

As Arch strives to be as up to date as possible I suggest removing godep
from the official repos and potentially moving dep into the official repos
from the AUR. The AUR dep package appears to be well maintained.

Relevant links:
https://github.com/tools/godep
https://github.com/golang/dep
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dep/