[arch-general] godep has been deprecated in favor of dep

Adam Levy theadamlevy+archlinux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:42:58 UTC 2018

I wrote Eli directly thanking him for the information as I had the mailing
list digest enabled earlier and so didn't have the thread to respond to.

I admit I was a little taken aback by the tone of Eli's response at first
but I hear and understand the message and I appreciate the explanation of
the rationale. I see that once a package is in the official report,
removing it is not a trivial matter and very rarely would be the right
course of action. Also I get that adding a package requires a TU to adopt
and maintain it.

I've been a daily arch user for over a year and I'm just starting to become
active in the community. Thanks for everyone's patience as I get up to
speed on the proper communication channels and policies.