[arch-general] xorg-xdm changes $PATH and breaks gdbus-codegen

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 02:44:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to build gimp-git which launches gdbus-codegen while building.
However, my $PATH is
/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:..., and
running gdbus-codegen will give the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/bin/gdbus-codegen", line 41, in <module>
    from codegen import codegen_main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'codegen'

After some searching from the packages I've installed, I found
"/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb" in /usr/bin/xdm. I think it's xorg-xdm
that changes $PATH.

I suggest just using "PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin" in
/etc/profile instead of using appendpath.

Iru

--
My website: https://vimacs.lcpu.club

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/