[arch-general] Latest openssh - Premier connectivity tool for remote login with the SSH protocol?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jul 19 01:39:54 UTC 2018

On 07/18/2018 01:37 AM, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> What version didn't have the problem?  For example, /var/log/pacman.log
> should help determine you were running 7.6p1-2 for a while without the
> issue.

Sorry, it was this latest version 7.7p1-2, e.g.

[2018-06-27 16:57] [ALPM] upgraded openssh (7.7p1-1 -> 7.7p1-2)

> Yes, I'd guess a timeout on a DNS query on the network.

That makes sense. The local network topology and services hasn't changed in a
long long time. The reverse lookup from the Arch host that exhibited the slow
behavior yesterday is now fine. My ISP did have a problem earlier in the day
yesterday, so I suspect you are correct and it was on their end. Sorry for the
noise.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.