[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] proposal to add "aurpublish" to community

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:23:27 UTC 2018

On 20 July 2018 at 08:38, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:

> On 07/20/18 at 09:05am, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> *not*
> > >
> > > Uploaders are fine by me and I think we had one in previously.
> >
> > From what I can recall, we had one in, some discussion and it was gone
> > again. I'll try to find the post in the archives.
> >

> Gotcha, it was cower. [1]
>
> [1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2010-
> December/012763.html
>
> --
> Jelle van der Waa

(apologies for crosslist posting)

For uploaders, there was 'burp' in [extra] which which was added without
any serious opposition, and remained in the repos until shortly after AUR4
was launched (which made it redundant). See
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2012-April/022787.html
and https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/46210

Cheers,

WorMzy