[arch-general] ipv6 only half working

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 23 17:21:41 UTC 2018

Em julho 23, 2018 14:14 David Rosenstrauch escreveu:

> Makes some sense.  I'll take a look on my router and see if perhaps I'm
> inadvertently blocking some ICMP packets.
>
> That said, one thing doesn't quite seem to fit with this explanation:
>
> Why would "curl -6 ipv6.google.com" while "w3m -6 -dump ipv6.google.com"
> fails?

I think what you have experience with the CTRL+C thing you saw is regarding how
each program treats their buffers. Sometimes programs don't flush and when you
send it SIGTERM they flush the buffer.

Secondly, you might be hitting different routes at times, although that would
point to an even larger issue at your ISP.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini