[arch-general] Archlinux ISO 2018.06.01 lost rankmirrors

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 1 19:39:21 UTC 2018

On 06/01/2018 02:28 PM, Óscar García Amor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With the split of pacman packagein pacman and pacman-contrib, the
> Archlinux ISO of current month (2018.06.01) lost the rankmirrors.
>
> I think that the ISO should include the pacman-contrib package because
> the use of rankmirrors is a recommended task in Arch installation.

No it isn't recommended. BTW this was discussed here:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1788961#p1788961

I see no reason to add it to the ISO. If you really need it, install it
to the chroot and run it. But you should probably use reflector instead,
since it can download new mirrors, rank them based on many criteria, etc.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User