[arch-general] Archlinux ISO 2018.06.01 lost rankmirrors

Óscar García Amor ogarcia at moire.org
Sat Jun 2 11:18:13 UTC 2018

<arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> No it isn't recommended. BTW this was discussed here:
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1788961#p1788961

I don't know why I thought that installation guide have one mention to
rankmirrors. My memory have holes... :-D

> I see no reason to add it to the ISO. If you really need it, install it
> to the chroot and run it. But you should probably use reflector instead,
> since it can download new mirrors, rank them based on many criteria, etc.

IMHO, I think that is a good idea that the installation media have
mirror tools since the mirror selection may be a recommended task. I
did not know the existence of reflector, but it could be a good option
to include in the ISO.

Anyway is a very small package that can be installed after boot ISO.

Greetings.

--
Óscar García Amor | ogarcia at moire.org | http://ogarcia.me