[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Mon Jun 4 10:58:39 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 12:41 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> That is the tarball generated by:
>
>   $ makepkg --printsrcinfo > .SRCINFO
>   $ makepkg -S --sign -f
>
> That results in the two untracked files:
>
>   console-blanking-0.0.1-4.src.tar.gz
>   console-blanking-0.0.1-4.src.tar.gz.sig
>
> The tarballs are the source package for the console-blanking package I am
> trying to push. The flat files are there as well.

I don't think the tarballs are relevant here since git doesn't use them,
and the AUR generates it's own, so let's keep looking on the git side.

>   $ git ls-files
>   .SRCINFO
>   LICENSE
>   PKGBUILD
>   console-blanking.service
>
>  and show the files that are currently being tracked in the repo. There must
> be some other strange issue that isn't readily apparent -- at least to me.

That indeed looks good - How many unpushed commits do you have?
I don't know how the pre-receive hook works, but it may be that it
verifies every incoming commit, not just the last one.
Do you have an unpushed commit that may not pass muster, even if it is
not the last?
If so, you could try squashing all unpushed commits together to one
using git rebase.

Cheers,
Bennett

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808