[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

mar77i at protonmail.ch mar77i at protonmail.ch
Mon Jun 4 11:29:54 UTC 2018

On June 4, 2018 1:04 PM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> That's saying that in commit 93a539f81d7d0f001dd5522781ebeabf7cf73f9d
>
> you had committed a .SRCINFO file which listed a LICENSE file, but you
> did not commit the LICENSE file itself.
> You've got corrupted history, adding a new commit with the LICENSE file
> does not fix the old commit. Use --amend if you need to fix up old commits.

If I read this thread correctly, your git history isn't corrupt in the sense that it would break git, but your git history is not conforming with AUR rules. To obey those, reading up about git rebase [0] is the way to go.
Keep in mind that you have to give git rebase a commit behind the one you intend to edit, eg. git rebase -i 93a539f~1 so you can edit (using git add and git commit --amend) the commit in question so it becomes acceptable. One way to go would be to remove LICENSE from the .SRCINFO for 93a539f so it becomes consistent. You can read about the details in the footnote.

cheers!
mar77i

[0] https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Rewriting-History

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​