[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 4 11:04:16 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 05:27 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Well I tried without `-a` and no changes to .SRCINFO or PKGBUILD were
> incorporated. I also removed the package and signature files. The push is
> trying to push exactly what it should, e.g.:
>
> $ tar -tzf console-blanking-0.0.1-4.src.tar.gz
> tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
> console-blanking/
> tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
> console-blanking/PKGBUILD
> tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
> console-blanking/LICENSE
> tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
> console-blanking/.SRCINFO
> tar: Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
> console-blanking/console-blanking.service

The push may be trying to push exactly what you intended to push, but it
most certainly is not pushing what you are supposed to push by the rules
of submission.

Do not commit tarballs to the AUR. That is a source package, which
contains an extra copy of the PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO... but why do you
think anyone needs that? Moreover, tarballs do not compress well in
git(1), so by using tarballs you put unnecessary burden on the AUR which
will result in the size of the AUR growing much faster than it was
expected to, and becoming unwieldy.

Do *not* commit tarballs to git repositories, in the general sense! It's
almost certainly not what you want.

The AUR contains code to detect files larger than 250KB and refuse your
package with the message "maximum blob size (250.00KiB) exceeded". But
just because you can *get away* with uploading tarballs small enough to
trick our "abusive file" detector, does not mean I advocate doing so!

> But git still throws the error:
>
> $ git push -u origin master
> Counting objects: 36, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (36/36), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (36/36), 43.60 KiB | 10.90 MiB/s, done.
> Total 36 (delta 14), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: The following error occurred when parsing commit
> remote: error: 93a539f81d7d0f001dd5522781ebeabf7cf73f9d:
> remote: error: missing source file: LICENSE

That's saying that in commit 93a539f81d7d0f001dd5522781ebeabf7cf73f9d
you had committed a .SRCINFO file which listed a LICENSE file, but you
did not commit the LICENSE file itself.

You've got corrupted history, adding a new commit with the LICENSE file
does not fix the old commit. Use --amend if you need to fix up old commits.

> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To ssh://aur.archlinux.org/console-blanking.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/console-blanking.git'
>
> I'll have to play with this more tomorrow. I've not had any other problems
> with my other 3 packages, and I followed the same archwiki Aur page to clone
> the empty repository and then attempt to create the .SRCINFO, sign, commit and
> push. Strange

List of packages so I can perform AUR administration and remove those
*.src.tar.gz using sekrit TU powers? :p

--