[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 4 17:48:31 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 01:29 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 06/04/2018 06:04 AM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>> List of packages so I can perform AUR administration and remove those
>> *.src.tar.gz using sekrit TU powers? :p
>>

> Thank you Eli, my existing packages are:
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cflow/
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite_git/
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite/

Ignore my little joke, your packages are fine. :)

Well, except for one which contained two versions of a very small
tarball but doesn't anymore, and is not really worth fixing.

> I was trying to add a new 'console-blanking', but apparently I've got the
> git/Aur history so Fsck'ed up there is little hope. I have a love-hate
> relationship with git. I love it when it works, I hate it when it doesn't...
>
> The -amend, rebase verbiage is Greek at the moment. If you can zero out
> whatever I did so I can simply push a new package, that would be greatly
> appreciated. If not, I'll try and stumble through the documentation on -amend
> and rebase later tonight.

There's currently no history to zero out, until you can successfully
push to the AUR without the .SRCINFO hook declining you, nothing will be
uploaded at all.

If you're uncomfortable with git amend/rebase, then you could simply
switch to a new directory, init a new repository, and cp over the
PKGBUILD and .SRCINFO and any other files in the source array which are
not remotely downloaded, then begin the history from scratch.  As long
as you commit all files in the first commit it should be fine.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User