[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Mon Jun 4 17:50:41 UTC 2018

I've got a couple of complaints regarding your existing packages

On 06/04/2018 07:29 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cflow/

provides=("${pkgname") is implicit;
url= & source= can be reached via https - update them!

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite_git/

The license is invalid, and please don't call it `foo_git` -
instead use the common `foo-git`;
You're also missing `git` as makedep, and `gtksourceview2` as normal dep

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite/

The license is invalid
Don't conflicts=() with the -git version or whatever,
that's what the other packages providing your pkgname should do,
not the other way around;
You're also missing `gtksourceview2` as normal dep

In general,
cd "${srcdir}" is redundant,
stop (ab)using msg() and msg2(), &
get rid of the unused assignments.

Regarding the actual issue though,

> I was trying to add a new 'console-blanking', but apparently I've got the
> git/Aur history so Fsck'ed up there is little hope. I have a love-hate
> relationship with git. I love it when it works, I hate it when it doesn't...
>
> The -amend, rebase verbiage is Greek at the moment. If you can zero out
> whatever I did so I can simply push a new package, that would be greatly
> appreciated. If not, I'll try and stumble through the documentation on -amend
> and rebase later tonight.

You haven't pushed anything under that name to the AUR yet, just fix your local history.

--
Rob (coderobe)