[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:21:51 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 12:50 PM, Robin Broda via arch-general wrote:
> I've got a couple of complaints regarding your existing packages
>
> On 06/04/2018 07:29 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cflow/
> provides=("${pkgname") is implicit;
> url= & source= can be reached via https - update them!

Thank you for the feedback. cflow - updated. I'll push the new set after
answers to questions below.

>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite_git/
> The license is invalid, and please don't call it `foo_git` -
> instead use the common `foo-git`;
> You're also missing `git` as makedep, and `gtksourceview2` as normal dep

I changed the name, but when a user builds with the new name gtkwrite-git,
instead of gtkwrite_git and attempts an install -- will there be a problem
that requires manual intervention due to the name change? Is there anything
else I need to do to change gtkwrite_git to gtkwrite-git -- other than change
the name (and update the parameter expansions)?

>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite/
> The license is invalid
> Don't conflicts=() with the -git version or whatever,
> that's what the other packages providing your pkgname should do,
> not the other way around;
> You're also missing `gtksourceview2` as normal dep

Fixed - thanks again.

> In general,
> cd "${srcdir}" is redundant,
> stop (ab)using msg() and msg2(), &
> get rid of the unused assignments.

What is wrong with using msg() or msg2()? I had one short output within each
prepare(), build(), and package() that simply outputs the stage of the build, e.g.

    msg2 'prepare() gtkwrite - done'

I have removed them, but I've never had anyone say that was abusing their
usage. Is there any particular reason that makes an informational output like
above wrong?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.