[arch-general] Aur git - missing .SRCINFO hook declined to update refs/heads/master - help?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:03:30 UTC 2018

On 06/04/2018 05:21 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 06/04/2018 12:50 PM, Robin Broda via arch-general wrote:
<snip>
>>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gtkwrite_git/
>> The license is invalid, and please don't call it `foo_git` -
>> instead use the common `foo-git`;
>> You're also missing `git` as makedep, and `gtksourceview2` as normal dep
>>

> I changed the name, but when a user builds with the new name gtkwrite-git,
> instead of gtkwrite_git and attempts an install -- will there be a problem
> that requires manual intervention due to the name change? Is there anything
> else I need to do to change gtkwrite_git to gtkwrite-git -- other than change
> the name (and update the parameter expansions)?

It looks like I will have to remove the gtkwrite_git package completely and
create a new gtkwrite-git. Attempting a name change fails due to an unexpected
pkgbase being rejected, e.g.

remote: error: invalid pkgbase: gtkwrite-git, expected gtkwrite_git
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://aur.archlinux.org/gtkwrite_git.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/gtkwrite_git.git'

What is the best way to fix this? clone a new repo with the -git name and then
-- how do I completely remove the old _git package?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.